Monday, December 23, 2013

I won’t fail you says the Lord



Jos 1:5  There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

For some time now, I have been thinking about the word “fail” and also the sentence “I will not fail thee” that I had to check up in the dictionary.
The Oxford Dictionary gave the following meaning about the word “fail”

verb

[no object]
1 be unsuccessful in achieving one’s goal:he failed in his attempt to secure election [with infinitive]:they failed to be ranked in the top ten
  • [with object] be unsuccessful in (an examination or interview):she failed her finals
  • [with object] (of a person or a commodity) be unable to meet the standards set by (a test of quality or eligibility):a player has failed a drugs test
  • [with object] judge (a candidate in an examination or test) not to have passed: the criteria used to pass or fail the candidate
2 neglect to do something: [with infinitive]:the firm failed to give adequate risk warnings
  • [with infinitive] behave in a way contrary to expectations by not doing something:commuter chaos has again failed to materialize
  • [with object] desert or let down (someone):at the last moment her nerve failed her
3 cease to work properly; break down:a lorry whose brakes had failed
  • become weaker or of poorer quality:the light began to fail (as adjective failing)his failing health
  • (of rain or a crop or supply) be insufficient when needed or expected: the drought means crops have failed
  • (of a business or a person) cease trading because of lack of funds: he lost his savings when the store failed

noun

  • 1a mark which is not high enough to pass an examination or test: [as modifier]:a fail grade
  • 2 informal a mistake, failure, or instance of poor performance:their customer service is a massive fail [mass noun]:his first product demo was full of fail
So I came up with up what the Lord meant when He say “I will not fail you”
It means
1.                  I will not fail you means : I will not allow you to be unsuccessful in your task or projects
2.                  I will not fail you means: I will help you to meet the standard.
3.                  I will not fail you means: I will not judge you as failed, I will pass you
4.                  I will not fail you means, I will not make sure I give you adequate warning.
5.                  I will not fail you means, I will not desert you nor forsake you
6.                  I will not fail you means I will not behave in a way contrary to expectations by not doing something
7.                  I will not fail you means, I will make you have sufficient or enough
8.                  I will not fail you means, I will make sure you have all the necessary resources
9.                  I will not fail you means, I will not allow you to cease or stop due to lack

 I believe these meanings will help us to appreciate what the Lord meant when He said “I will not fail you”

No comments:

Post a Comment